Wednesday 18 April 2012

Dale, the secret angel

Dale Steyn, Deccan Chargers’ and South African speedster and any batsman’s nightmare is practising in the city. In a candid chat, he spoke to us about his idea of giving away two VIP tickets for every Deccan Chargers match to anonymous followers on Twitter.
“Yes, it’s something that I’ve started. In each city that we play, I will leave two tickets in an envelope with no name on it and my signature. I will then tweet with hints about the location of the tickets. My Twitter followers can figure out the place, and the first to reach the spot can claim the tickets,” informs the fast bowler.
“Well, I get two tickets for every match and I do not know anyone here to take along with me or give them to. So I’d rather give the tickets to those who are eager to watch matches,” he adds.
Dale will soon have company of girlfriend Jeanne Keitzmann, who will be joining him at the matches. So, does she give him any bowling tips? “No, she is a cool girl. She’s nice and good companion. She understands me more than she does cricket and that’s all matters,” he smiles.
The ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) accounts for the second season that Dale’s playing with the Chargers.
Pointing out that the team this time is a young and energetic one, he says, “We have some new players so there is new energy. It will be great once we start winning matches.” Dale sees promise in young bowler Anand Rajan.

No comments:

Post a Comment